I suggest you ...

Please revert the website to it's original layout.

This update makes the website terribly inconvenient. The instruments in the bottom right, the removal of the line that once showed you where in the notes the song was at, and all the damn circles have seriously deteriorated the site. I absolutely cannot use it. This was my go-to site for finding sheet before. Please at least allow an option to use the old layout, I really loved this site.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kedar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sheldon Jeans commented  · 

This new site is absolutely useless to me. Most importantly, I can’t hear the score when being played in Safari and Firefox. Having the instruments in the bottom right, on top of the score, interferes with viewing the score, and there is a blank sidebar to the left which covers any music bars on that side. The only way to get around this is to have the browser at fullscreen, I’m using a 41” screen so this should not be necessary. Switching between instruments is slow.

I have tested in Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera on a Mac Mini 2011 running Yosemite. The only browser that has sound functionality is Chrome, and all of them have the layout issues I mention. This site should not have been running live without user testing, and users should have the option of reverting to the older site until these problems are fixed.

• Arthur commented  · 

Hi Kedar,

We are still working on this new layout to make it better and better. We will put back the old way of displaying where we are in the sheet music because it was more convenient, you're right. For the rest, we believe that the new layout is better (even if it can be improved) and the data show us that we right, most people prefer this new layout and I'm sure you will love it soon. Why don't you like circles? :p

Feedback and Knowledge Base