I suggest you ...

Digital Millennium Copyright Act WTF

This sheet music has been removed at the request of the publisher.
The content that was posted to this page was removed from the site. Jellynote received a takedown notice from the copyright owner claiming that the user submission was an infringement of their rights. In compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed the submission as requested by the owners.

I could see that law/bill coming into play if submissions were coming straight from an offical published tablature books, maybe someone just rips the notes and music right from the book, eg. see most Metallica tabs. But to take down any and every obscure song that someone sits down, takes the time to learn own their own then share just because you are scared of a law that doesn't even cover this type of thing it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen. That law doesn't even come close to covering a musical breakdown of any song that someone wants to put the notes to online and it never will. I can listen to any song, learn it and put the notes on any website i choose, bottom line.

https://www.jellynote.com/en/score/obituary/dying/528e07f6a6c1996365a5a188 look at this, the most obsure heavy metal song taken down, im probably the only person to listen to that song within the past 5 years, I'm surprised any song is availible if you can take down that one. And it will come to that if you start giving in to these overreaching bills.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hans shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Damian Yerrick commented  · 

Manually transcribing notation from a phonorecord of a copyrighted musical work is still legally considered copying.

Feedback and Knowledge Base